Who You Are
The ideal candidate excels in a vibrant environment that demands a flexible and fast-paced approach. You should be eager to learn new technical techniques as well as new scientific concepts as needed. You are passionate about data science, from cleaning, manipulating, and processing raw text data, to digging in to surface the strongest insights from a dataset, to distilling and polishing those insights to appeal to an outside audience. You're dedicated to the pursuit of insights that are well-validated, reliable, and user-friendly. Finally, you have a keen interest for understanding human behaviour, and the technical aptitude to support your passion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Taking responsibility for customer engagements from start to finish. This means project planning, reading up on related work, using our existing code-base (and writing new code) to get the most from the data, to documenting and showcasing your findings.
- Drawing on your background and your teammates’ backgrounds to solve new problems as they arise and deliver insights to customers.
- Translating complex technical insights into simple insights that people can use.
- Contributing new and innovative ideas to make our client deliverables and product offerings the highest quality possible.
- Relying on the scientific standards and principles established within the fields of Psychology and Linguistics to inform the insights that you draw from data.
- Playing a valuable role in cross-functional team discussions and contributing to the quality of all the work we do.
- Responding to input from peers and managers on all of your work. Our best work is created collaboratively, and incorporating a range of good ideas and opinions into your work is critical to success.
- Strong experience in data science
- A strong background in math and statistics, especially in applying statistical analysis and modelling in social science contexts
- A keen interest in understanding human behaviour with an understanding of concepts from Psychology, Economics, Philosophy, Sociology, and related fields
- Programming and computer science; you’ll be required to write your own code
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience or education in Psychology
- Experience in natural language processing and/or computational linguistics
- Experience with statistical modelling
- Familiarity with standard AI modelling techniques and tools
Not quite the right fit?
If this role doesn’t quite line up with your experience or objectives, but you would love to be part of this growing team, please consider sharing your resume with us regardless! Above all else, Receptiviti is a culture of learning- a blend of unique strengths and aptitudes go a long way, and you may have something we’re missing from this description.
Committed to making diversity and inclusivity part of our culture, Receptiviti is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about providing a safe workplace where everyone is accepted and has the opportunity to grow with us.